Tuesday, April 05, 2011

More 8x8 layouts

Here are two recent 8x8 LOs for the family photo album



Both show the limitations of scrapping on a smaller scale.  The first is very simple; on a larger scale I would have added a little more embellishment, but at this scale I felt the photo would be overpowered by it so left it out.  The second LO has more embellishment but looks a little cluttered, but it conveys the fun of the event so I'm happy with it as a page in a photo album.

Every now and then I manage an 8x8 LO that I feel really works.  Recently I completed a double LO that I am really pleased with -


I was able to add plenty of embellishment and some journalling without overpowering the photos; the proportions would have been different on an 12x12 LO, but I would probably have used a similar style.

No comments: