Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year, new focus

Happy New Year!

It's been a long time since I last blogged.  Much of that is because I didn't do much scrapbooking last year, and not as much stitching as I'd have liked to either.  A combination of things got in the way - work being done around the house (a new kitchen, a new patio and driveway, complete redecoration of the lounge), work and other commitments, and my creative mojo going AWOL for a while.

BUT, things are calmer around the house now and my mojo appears to have returned, so I'm busy stitching again, have sorted through all the photos (a HUGE job as I'd not even done much of that last year either), and I've been doing some scrapbooking and really enjoying it.  So I thought it was time to restart the blog ...

... and my first post is about one of the pages I completed today -

   
It is a page for an A4 sized "book of the year" that I am compiling for last year.  Each month has a double page devoted to it with a selection of mini photos and journalling.  This is the final page, devoted to one single photo that is one of my favourites of the whole year - I love the photo as it is so bright and colourful but also because it was such a happy occasion as my 17 year-old son returned from a long trip abroad.

No comments: