Thursday, September 22, 2011

More new stash to create with ...

... yesterday not one but TWO lovely parcels arrived.  One contained something I plan to play with fairly soon (more of that in a later post, I hope) and also a new extra large acrylic block, which was very handy as the second parcel contained, among other things, my new Tim Holtz christmas stamps :-)  I'd also splashed out on some more distress inks (SO many gorgeous colours to choose from - I plan to own them all eventually).  So I just HAD to get all inky today and try out the new stamps and some of the inks, didn't I?

I'd already had an idea for some christmas cards, so that is what I did.  There are two different designs but they can be done in a variety of different colour schemes - limited only by my imagination and the number of ink pads I own ;-)  My favourite is the second design, but the first will be nice to send to people who prefer a more traditional style of card  -








The colours are much richer in real life, and the sparkle (from the perfect pearls mists) doesn't show up on the photos at all.

They are very simple to create, but great fun (and a little messy!).  The backgrounds are distress inks in various colours applied randomly with an ink applicator the spritzed with perfect pearls mists.  Then I swept some ink directly from the pad across the bottom of the sheet before stamping the image in plain black ink.

I think I will be making quite a few more of these over the coming weeks ...

4 comments:

Sarah's Book Reviews said...

great cards jackie - love the first one

My not so simple life said...

very effective. Glad you're enjoying your parcels. :)

Claire said...

These are lovely.
C
xx

Ali said...

Fantastic, love your ink effects, and like you say endless possibilities - enjoy.