Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's Tuesday ...

... so I must be scrapping and blogging again ...


This is another  paper I thought I'd never use.  I bought it years ago when I'd just started scrapping and my style was very different to today.  I had these three photos that I wanted to scrap but the quality wasn't brilliant, so I cut them down in size to concentrate on the main image, and this also made them a better size to fit on the paper.  As the patterned paper was so "busy", I used plain card to mat the photos on to. 

Using the pattern on the paper as inspiration, I cut out some circles of green card and drew on a line to represent the seam of the tennis ball.  Although this was quite effective, they looked a little plain. As I also needed somewhere to put my journalling, I hit on the idea of writing along the curving lines on the tennis balls - it's a bit difficult to read, but it looks good and adds some interest.

Finally, I added the title.  It doesn't show up on the photo, but the letters are made of felt (American Crafts felt Thickers) and so have a texture a bit liek that of a tennis ball.

No comments: