Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A new technique

I saw an article in Craft Stamper magazine about creating textured-looking background effects using a scrunched up plastic bag to apply ink.  I loved the look of their creations (one of them is on the front cover - see link above) so just had to have a go myself.  I decided on an autumnal theme first, using various colours of distress inks and some Tim Holtz stamps.  I also used some tissue paper (kindly supplied by one of my favourite online shops, which uses it as wrapping for your goodies) to stamp, rip and adhere to the front of the card to add extra depth and texture.  My photographic skills don't really do it justice, but you'll get the general idea ...


I tried a second one, using different colours and a different theme.  I'm quite pleased with it but think I prefer my first effort.  It's definitely a technique I will be using again though.

2 comments:

Scattychick said...

Gorgeous Jackie it's the same technique I used for the Diva page but yours look nicer x

Ali said...

Looks amazing - love those autumn leaves.