Thursday, November 03, 2011

O Christmas tree ..

 I recently bought an intricately laser cut 3D bare chipboard christmas tree and yesterday I had a go at decorating it.

I started off colouring the whole thing using a distress stain (peeled paint).  Then I used various distress inks (shabby shutters, crushed olive, bundled sage and forest moss) all over it to create a less "solid" colour - lots of texture and subtle variation in colour. 



I found a couple of old metallic ink pads that were beginning to dry out a little, and they were ideal for dabbing around the edges to add little hints of gold and copper







Finally I sprayed the whole thing with a gold perfect pearls mist and then painted the star gold using acrylic paint.

I have some little mini bells that I want to tie to the branches but don't have suitable ribbon/cord yet.  I'll take another photo once I've been shopping ...

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Oooo lovely, beautiful gold effect that you have got on the tree.

Sue Jones said...

Really Pretty!

Claire said...

That's very pretty.
C
xx

vixen said...

brilliant tree, love the gold effect you have there :) look forward to seeing it when you have added the bells :)

Gail said...

lovely is right, well done.

Jennifer Grace said...

Stunning colours! x